NCP to unite all oppn parties against Nitish govt
Patna: NCP would unite all other opposition
parties, including RJD, LJP, Congress and Left, to launch a
decisive battle against Nitish Kumar government in Bihar,
party General Secretary Tariq Anwar said on Saturday.
Alleging that Nitish government was a total failure on
all fronts, Anwar said it had become necessary that all the
opposition parties should take up the fight.
"We have so far failed to unitedly highlight the failures
of the state government and also in the protests against the
Forbesganj police firing", the NCP MP said.
Stating that the division of secular votes had led to
Nitish Kumar`s coming power in Bihar for the second time, he
said while the JD(U)-BJP together polled 39 per cent of the
votes, the opposition parties, if their votes are combined
together, secured 61 per cent votes.
Criticising Nitish Kumar for alleged inordinate delay in
the opening of an Aligarh Muslim University centre in Bihar,
Anwar alleged that Kumar was "not not interested in opening
the centre under pressure from his ally, BJP".
He also alleged that Nitish Kumar government had also
failed to implement the National Health Mission and Rajiv
Gandhi Rural Electrification Programme.
"The state government`s performance has been far from
satisfactory compared to other states in India", he claimed.
Reacting to Kumar`s suggestion that PM should be brought
within the Lokpal ambit, Anwar said had Kumar been honest, he
would have brought the office of Chief Minister under the
purview of Lokayukta in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!