NDA Govt ignored minorities’ socio-economic development: RJD
Patna: The RJD today alleged that Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar ignored the socio-economic development
of the minorities during his nearly five-year stint in Bihar.
"Barring lip service, Kumar was never serious about
ameliorating socio-economic condition of the Muslims under
pressure from the RSS," the RJD Spokespersons - Ram Kripal
Yadav and Shakeel Ahmed Khan alleged at a press conference.
The NDA government was apathetic towards setting up
educational infrastructure to such an extent that it used a
meagre Rs 23.4 crores out of Rs 122 crores released to the
state by the Centre for multi-sectoral development programme
for seven Muslim-concentrated districts, they claimed.
Similarly, the state government "failed to complete" land
acquisition in Kishanganj district for setting up the study
centre of the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) even as two
other states - West Bengal and Kerala - have done so already
and the academic activities for the Muslims there have
already commenced, the RJD spokespersons said.
The NDA government also "failed" to provide recruitment
for the Muslim youths in the police department and Rs 130
crore earmarked for the purpose was subsequently transferred
to the Mazrul Haque Arabic and Persian University in the
state, Yadav and Khan alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting expelled AIADMK MP
- Swaraj seeks report from Indian consulate on death of workers
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology