NDA govt in Bihar has failed on all fronts: Scindia
Patna: Union Minister of State for Commerce
and Industries Jyotiraditya Scindia today alleged that the NDA
government in Bihar led by the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
has "failed" on all fronts and urged the electorate to return
the Congress with a mandate in the forthcoming polls to bring
the state in the ladder of development.
"The Nitish Kumar government has failed on all fronts, be
it the law and order situation or implementation of the
central welfare and development schemes," he told reporters
Scindia, who was on a day-long visit to the poll-bound
state to attend a party meeting in Vaishali district, alleged
that the "gross non-performance" of the NDA government has
been beyond doubt as it "failed" to generate a single MW of
power during nearly five years rule in the state.
The Union Minister also slammed the state government for
not properly utilising the Central grants to the tune of Rs
one lakh crores and alleged that the implementation of the
central flagship programmes like MNREGA was done in shoddy
manner with the intended beneficiaries failing to get due
benefits to them.
The Nitish Kumar government was also found lax in giving
relief assistance to the Koshi flood victims with as much as
Rs 182 crore out of the Central assistance of Rs 3800 crore
lying unutilized in the state exchequer, the Congress
On the NDA government`s charge that the Congress-led
UPA government has given step motherly treatment to Bihar,
Scindia rebutted the allegation saying that the "Centre has
allocated Rs one lakh crores to Bihar since the first UPA
government came to power in 2004 as against Rs 50000 crores
given by the NDA government between 1998-2004."
On the prospect of alliance with the RJD-LJP combine,
Scindia said the Congress will contest all 243 assembly seats
in the forthcoming polls in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand