NDA leaders term LS win semi-final before Bihar poll next year
Patna: Buoyed by a resounding victory in the general elections, NDA leaders in Bihar today said it was a "semi-final" and the "final" would come with the victory of a BJP-led alliance in the crucial state elections next year.
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha, who was re-elected from the Patna Sahib seat, said the wind was blowing in favour of NDA across the country and it would be carried on in Bihar in the Assembly polls next year.
Leader of Opposition in Bihar Assembly Nand Kishore Yadav said "One battle has been won and now we must march in full strength for the crucial Assembly elections."
The leaders from BJP and allies LJP and Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RLSP) also criticised former Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Union Law Minister Ravishankar Prasad took potshots at Kumar and said JD(U) was reduced to two from 20 in previous election because of Kumar`s "wrong" decision to part company with BJP.
Former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi in his speech criticised the "inefficient" functioning of JD(U) government in Bihar.
"Three Chief Ministers are in action in Bihar at present which has made the situation comical. Jitan Ram Manjhi is legally the CM, Nitish Kumar is the super CM and minister Rajiv Ranjan Singh Lallan is the real CM," Modi said.
"Lallan Singh is preparing the list of transfer and posting of officials to which Manjhi is simply putting his signature of approval," he alleged.
"Lallan wields so much influence that he got Manjhi to cancel the transfer of 124 officials of the PWD department," he remarked, appealing to party workers to work hard and repeat the victory of general elections in the next Assembly polls.
Ministers and majority of the newly elected MPs from Bihar were felicitated by state BJP workers and leaders at a function here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?