NDA MPs meet PM over special status for Bihar
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
today assured a delegation of NDA MPs that their demand for a
special status for Bihar would be taken up in the next meeting
of the National Development Council.
"We met the Prime Minister and demanded that Bihar be
accorded special status," NDA convenor Sharad Yadav told
reporters outside Parliament after the meeting.
JD(U) MP Ram Sundar Das and BJP MPs C P Thakur, Rajiv
Pratap Ruddy and Shanawaz Hussain were also part of the
"PM listened to us and assured that he would take up
the issue in the (next) NDC meeting," BJP MP Shahnawaz Hussain
"Bihar is suffering from worst power crisis due to
faulty power policy of the centre."
Yadav alleged Bihar was worst affected due to
bifurcation of the state. "Bihar should be accorded special
status without any delay," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof