NDA MPs meet PM over special status for Bihar
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
today assured a delegation of NDA MPs that their demand for a
special status for Bihar would be taken up in the next meeting
of the National Development Council.
"We met the Prime Minister and demanded that Bihar be
accorded special status," NDA convenor Sharad Yadav told
reporters outside Parliament after the meeting.
JD(U) MP Ram Sundar Das and BJP MPs C P Thakur, Rajiv
Pratap Ruddy and Shanawaz Hussain were also part of the
"PM listened to us and assured that he would take up
the issue in the (next) NDC meeting," BJP MP Shahnawaz Hussain
"Bihar is suffering from worst power crisis due to
faulty power policy of the centre."
Yadav alleged Bihar was worst affected due to
bifurcation of the state. "Bihar should be accorded special
status without any delay," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves