NDA MPs meet PM over special status for Bihar
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
today assured a delegation of NDA MPs that their demand for a
special status for Bihar would be taken up in the next meeting
of the National Development Council.
"We met the Prime Minister and demanded that Bihar be
accorded special status," NDA convenor Sharad Yadav told
reporters outside Parliament after the meeting.
JD(U) MP Ram Sundar Das and BJP MPs C P Thakur, Rajiv
Pratap Ruddy and Shanawaz Hussain were also part of the
"PM listened to us and assured that he would take up
the issue in the (next) NDC meeting," BJP MP Shahnawaz Hussain
"Bihar is suffering from worst power crisis due to
faulty power policy of the centre."
Yadav alleged Bihar was worst affected due to
bifurcation of the state. "Bihar should be accorded special
status without any delay," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'