NDA responsible of fate of Lokpal Bill: Paswan
Patna: LJP Supremo Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday held
NDA responsible for non-passege of Lokpal Bill in Parliament.
"NDA is responsible for non-passege of Lokpal Bill in
Parliament..In fact its intention for Lokpal is doubtful,"
Paswan told reporters here.
NDA had accorded full support to Anna Hazare, but now
raised the question on the federal structure of the country,
He suggested that the appointment of Lokayukta and his
dismissal should not be left at the mercy of chief ministers.
What is necessary is that there should be model legislation
at the national level for the purpose.
He accused Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of
maintaining double standards on the issue of Lokpal and
Lokayukta and alleged that Kumar had tried to divide the
society in the name of caste and religion.
Paswan also castigated Kumar for opposing 4.5 per cent
reservation for minority community withn the quota for OBC.
He alleged that there had been eleven times increase in
cases of corruption after implementation of Right to Service
Act in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate