NDA responsible of fate of Lokpal Bill: Paswan
Patna: LJP Supremo Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday held
NDA responsible for non-passege of Lokpal Bill in Parliament.
"NDA is responsible for non-passege of Lokpal Bill in
Parliament..In fact its intention for Lokpal is doubtful,"
Paswan told reporters here.
NDA had accorded full support to Anna Hazare, but now
raised the question on the federal structure of the country,
He suggested that the appointment of Lokayukta and his
dismissal should not be left at the mercy of chief ministers.
What is necessary is that there should be model legislation
at the national level for the purpose.
He accused Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of
maintaining double standards on the issue of Lokpal and
Lokayukta and alleged that Kumar had tried to divide the
society in the name of caste and religion.
Paswan also castigated Kumar for opposing 4.5 per cent
reservation for minority community withn the quota for OBC.
He alleged that there had been eleven times increase in
cases of corruption after implementation of Right to Service
Act in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists