NDA should promise quota for upper caste, minorities: Mishra
Patna: Former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath
Mishra on Wednesday suggested that the ruling NDA should promise
reservation for poor among the upper caste and minorities
thereby utilising nine per cent of the quota previously
earmarked for tribals in Bihar.
Talking to reporters here, Mishra said the tribals in
Bihar enjoyed one per cent reservation at present against 10
per cent extended to them before a separate state of Jharkhand
was carved out in 2000.
"It will be better if rest of the nine per cent of quota
for tribals is being utilised and made available for upper
caste (four per cent) and minorities (five per cent)...I
suggest that ruling NDA should promise reservation for them,"
Mishra, thrice Chief Minister of Bihar, said.
Describing as "cruel joke" RJD supremo Lalu Prasad`s
promise to provide 10 per cent reservation for poor among
upper caste, he said, Prasad when he became Chief Minister in
1990, rescinded the Karpoori formula of reservation.
He claimed that the then Chief Minister Karpoori Thakur
had provided three per cent reservation for poor among the
upper caste in government jobs.
Showering praise on the NDA rule led by Nitish Kumar,
Mishra said the alliance would stage a comeback "to complete
its unfinished agenda of development."
He claimed that the Congress would "not fare well" in
Bihar this elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row