NDA should promise quota for upper caste, minorities: Mishra
Patna: Former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath
Mishra on Wednesday suggested that the ruling NDA should promise
reservation for poor among the upper caste and minorities
thereby utilising nine per cent of the quota previously
earmarked for tribals in Bihar.
Talking to reporters here, Mishra said the tribals in
Bihar enjoyed one per cent reservation at present against 10
per cent extended to them before a separate state of Jharkhand
was carved out in 2000.
"It will be better if rest of the nine per cent of quota
for tribals is being utilised and made available for upper
caste (four per cent) and minorities (five per cent)...I
suggest that ruling NDA should promise reservation for them,"
Mishra, thrice Chief Minister of Bihar, said.
Describing as "cruel joke" RJD supremo Lalu Prasad`s
promise to provide 10 per cent reservation for poor among
upper caste, he said, Prasad when he became Chief Minister in
1990, rescinded the Karpoori formula of reservation.
He claimed that the then Chief Minister Karpoori Thakur
had provided three per cent reservation for poor among the
upper caste in government jobs.
Showering praise on the NDA rule led by Nitish Kumar,
Mishra said the alliance would stage a comeback "to complete
its unfinished agenda of development."
He claimed that the Congress would "not fare well" in
Bihar this elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail