NDA slams Congress for its advertisements in Bihar
Patna: The ruling NDA in Bihar Tuesday alleged
that the Congress has "blatantly twisted facts and mislead
people" in their recent newspaper advertisements where the
pace of development in the state was ridiculed.
"It`s tragic that a party which has ruined the state and
sapped it of its vibrancy and vigour through four decades of
its misdeeds is today shedding crocodile tears over the state
of affairs in Bihar," state BJP vice-president and
spokesperson Sanjay Jha said.
The Congress` advertisement issued yesterday was
captioned, "Why is it that today Bihar lags far behind on
various parameters from many states", saying that there has
always been a dearth of development in Bihar and the youths
have to migrate to learn and earn.
"It is a cocktail of facts and figures for petty
electoral highs," Jha, a close aide of the chief minister,
"None of the 18 chief ministers that the Congress had
given to Bihar from 1946 till 1990 had the vision or the
dynamism to put Bihar on path of development," he said.
Alleging that the Congress had exploited Bihari
sentiments through the decades and used their votes to secure
its governments at the Centre, he said that the welfare of the
people and development of the state was never on their agenda.
"What the NDA inherited was the debris of destruction
that the Congress - first through its own regimes and later in
collaboration with Lalu Prasad`s Rashtriya Janata Dal - had
piled up over the decades," Jha said.
The Central assistance from the UPA government in 2004-05
was to the tune of Rs 3274 crore, which came down by 50 per
cent to Rs 1551 crore in 2005-6 after the NDA took over, he
In 2003-04, the share of Central government in Bihar`s
state plan was 61.85 per cent which is now just 30 per cent,
"This is how the Congress-led UPA government has been
neglecting Bihar and has only been interested in doing
politics and not the welfare of the people," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing