NDA to disintegrate soon: Lalu Prasad Yadav
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Monday said the NDA led by BJP would soon disintegrate as there is discontent among its allies with the saffron party indicating that it may project Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the prime ministerial candidate.
"The NDA is likely to be splintered soon as there is chaos and uncertainty among its allies over Modi`s possible nomination as prime ministerial candidate of the alliance... The issue would lead to NDA`s disintegration," he told reporters after RJD`s national executive meet here.
Prasad claimed there is also rift among the leaders of BJP over the issue.
"Even the pair of Nitish Kumar (JD-U) and Sushil Kumar Modi (BJP) is likely to split," he said, indicating formation of non-NDA parties` alliance in the next general election.
Prasad said talks regarding an alliance of LJP, CPI, CPI(M), CPI(ML) and RJD has already been set in motion.
On the possibility of Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee joining the NDA, he said, "She is a very mature lady and will never take any step which will prove to be suicidal for her."
Sushil Kumar Modi had yesterday said Banerjee would always be welcome in NDA "if the situation arises".
"In politics, nobody is a permanent foe and nobody is a permanent friend. Once upon a time Banerjee was with NDA...If four or five years ago, she could have been in the NDA and if such a situation arises, we will always welcome her into the NDA," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief