NDA to disintegrate soon: Lalu Prasad Yadav
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Monday said the NDA led by BJP would soon disintegrate as there is discontent among its allies with the saffron party indicating that it may project Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the prime ministerial candidate.
"The NDA is likely to be splintered soon as there is chaos and uncertainty among its allies over Modi`s possible nomination as prime ministerial candidate of the alliance... The issue would lead to NDA`s disintegration," he told reporters after RJD`s national executive meet here.
Prasad claimed there is also rift among the leaders of BJP over the issue.
"Even the pair of Nitish Kumar (JD-U) and Sushil Kumar Modi (BJP) is likely to split," he said, indicating formation of non-NDA parties` alliance in the next general election.
Prasad said talks regarding an alliance of LJP, CPI, CPI(M), CPI(ML) and RJD has already been set in motion.
On the possibility of Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee joining the NDA, he said, "She is a very mature lady and will never take any step which will prove to be suicidal for her."
Sushil Kumar Modi had yesterday said Banerjee would always be welcome in NDA "if the situation arises".
"In politics, nobody is a permanent foe and nobody is a permanent friend. Once upon a time Banerjee was with NDA...If four or five years ago, she could have been in the NDA and if such a situation arises, we will always welcome her into the NDA," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family