Never called mid-day meal a political conspiracy: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday that he had never stated that the mid-day meal tragedy a political conspiracy.
Nitish made the comments while talking to a news channel at his weekly janta durbar.
Meanwhile, the police today filed a chargesheet against the school principal Meena Devi and her husband Arjun Rai, where 23 children had died after consuming poisonous food in Chapra district. Both of them are currently in jail.
Earlier, the Bihar CM and Education Minister PK Shahi had hinted that the entire tragedy was a conspiracy carried out by their rivals, But as per reports, there is no mention of any conspiracy angle in the chargesheet.
Nitish also told the news channel that it was the job of the police to carry out the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!