Never called mid-day meal a political conspiracy: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday that he had never stated that the mid-day meal tragedy a political conspiracy.
Nitish made the comments while talking to a news channel at his weekly janta durbar.
Meanwhile, the police today filed a chargesheet against the school principal Meena Devi and her husband Arjun Rai, where 23 children had died after consuming poisonous food in Chapra district. Both of them are currently in jail.
Earlier, the Bihar CM and Education Minister PK Shahi had hinted that the entire tragedy was a conspiracy carried out by their rivals, But as per reports, there is no mention of any conspiracy angle in the chargesheet.
Nitish also told the news channel that it was the job of the police to carry out the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown