Never called mid-day meal a political conspiracy: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday that he had never stated that the mid-day meal tragedy a political conspiracy.
Nitish made the comments while talking to a news channel at his weekly janta durbar.
Meanwhile, the police today filed a chargesheet against the school principal Meena Devi and her husband Arjun Rai, where 23 children had died after consuming poisonous food in Chapra district. Both of them are currently in jail.
Earlier, the Bihar CM and Education Minister PK Shahi had hinted that the entire tragedy was a conspiracy carried out by their rivals, But as per reports, there is no mention of any conspiracy angle in the chargesheet.
Nitish also told the news channel that it was the job of the police to carry out the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH