Never called mid-day meal a political conspiracy: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Monday that he had never stated that the mid-day meal tragedy a political conspiracy.
Nitish made the comments while talking to a news channel at his weekly janta durbar.
Meanwhile, the police today filed a chargesheet against the school principal Meena Devi and her husband Arjun Rai, where 23 children had died after consuming poisonous food in Chapra district. Both of them are currently in jail.
Earlier, the Bihar CM and Education Minister PK Shahi had hinted that the entire tragedy was a conspiracy carried out by their rivals, But as per reports, there is no mention of any conspiracy angle in the chargesheet.
Nitish also told the news channel that it was the job of the police to carry out the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal