Never scuttled Rabri`s demand for special status: Nitish
Munger: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday again denied that he had ever scuttled the special status demand made Rabri Devi and taunted Lalu Prasad that being a powerful minister in the UPA-I, he should have used his influence to get the demand met by the UPA government if it was not done by the NDA government.
"It`s an absolute lie that I had got the special demand made by my predecessor scuttled," he told a public meeting at the Polo Ground in Munger district during `Adhikar Yatra` in a rejoinder to the RJD supremo`s claim.
Prasad being the powerful railway minister during the UPA-I could have wielded his influence in the corridors of power then to get special status for Bihar if he was really serious about the matter, Kumar said.
"If the RJD leader could use his influence in the UPA-I government to get the President`s Rule imposed in Bihar in early 2005 then the grant of special status in Bihar was a small thing for him," he said in a stinging attack on his bitter political adversary.
He also accused Prasad of using foul language and practising disruptive politics and said that he could not match the latter`s conduct and narrow political agendas and said that it was impossible for him to imbibe mannerism or lack of it of his rival in this lifetime.
The chief minister further took pot shot at the RJD supremo for pursuing family-oriented politics as he has been known to further interest of his brother in-laws` relatives and contrary to that he had no familiar interests to pursue.
"I have sincerely yearned for development of Bihar and pursued politics on development agenda," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'