New Bihar BJP chief non-committal over inviting Narendra Modi
Patna: The newly elected President of Bihar unit of BJP Mangal Pandey on Saturday said the decision whether to call Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the party`s April 15 rally here would be taken by Central leadership.
"Decision to invite Narendra Modi and other national leaders in the BJP`s `Hunkar rally` on April 15 here will be taken by the Central leadership," Pandey, who was chosen as new state chief yesterday, told reporters.
Pandey`s predecessor CP Thakur had earlier announced that Modi will be invited for the rally at historic Gandhi maidan in support of demand for achieving special category status for Bihar.
The assertion of Thakur, who served as Union minister in the NDA government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, had created uncomfortable situation for a section of state party leadership who value JD(U)-BJP alliance in the state.
Some leaders of state BJP including Thakur and ex-state chief Tarakant Jha had voiced support for Narendra Modi`s candidature for the pm`s post at BJP`s function yesterday to announce appointment of Pandey, a protege of Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
The newly elected Bihar BJP chief avoided answer regarding slogans raised in favour of Narendra Modi yesterday.
Pandey, who is presently member of state Legislative Council, said big challenge before him is to win all 40 Lok Sabha seats in the 2014 polls for NDA. He said he would energise workers and leaders for achieving this.
He announced that BJP would organise protest across the state tomorrow to protest the UPA government decision to raise diesel prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!