New Bihar BJP chief non-committal over inviting Narendra Modi
Patna: The newly elected President of Bihar unit of BJP Mangal Pandey on Saturday said the decision whether to call Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the party`s April 15 rally here would be taken by Central leadership.
"Decision to invite Narendra Modi and other national leaders in the BJP`s `Hunkar rally` on April 15 here will be taken by the Central leadership," Pandey, who was chosen as new state chief yesterday, told reporters.
Pandey`s predecessor CP Thakur had earlier announced that Modi will be invited for the rally at historic Gandhi maidan in support of demand for achieving special category status for Bihar.
The assertion of Thakur, who served as Union minister in the NDA government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, had created uncomfortable situation for a section of state party leadership who value JD(U)-BJP alliance in the state.
Some leaders of state BJP including Thakur and ex-state chief Tarakant Jha had voiced support for Narendra Modi`s candidature for the pm`s post at BJP`s function yesterday to announce appointment of Pandey, a protege of Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
The newly elected Bihar BJP chief avoided answer regarding slogans raised in favour of Narendra Modi yesterday.
Pandey, who is presently member of state Legislative Council, said big challenge before him is to win all 40 Lok Sabha seats in the 2014 polls for NDA. He said he would energise workers and leaders for achieving this.
He announced that BJP would organise protest across the state tomorrow to protest the UPA government decision to raise diesel prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400