New Bihar BJP chief non-committal over inviting Narendra Modi
Patna: The newly elected President of Bihar unit of BJP Mangal Pandey on Saturday said the decision whether to call Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the party`s April 15 rally here would be taken by Central leadership.
"Decision to invite Narendra Modi and other national leaders in the BJP`s `Hunkar rally` on April 15 here will be taken by the Central leadership," Pandey, who was chosen as new state chief yesterday, told reporters.
Pandey`s predecessor CP Thakur had earlier announced that Modi will be invited for the rally at historic Gandhi maidan in support of demand for achieving special category status for Bihar.
The assertion of Thakur, who served as Union minister in the NDA government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, had created uncomfortable situation for a section of state party leadership who value JD(U)-BJP alliance in the state.
Some leaders of state BJP including Thakur and ex-state chief Tarakant Jha had voiced support for Narendra Modi`s candidature for the pm`s post at BJP`s function yesterday to announce appointment of Pandey, a protege of Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
The newly elected Bihar BJP chief avoided answer regarding slogans raised in favour of Narendra Modi yesterday.
Pandey, who is presently member of state Legislative Council, said big challenge before him is to win all 40 Lok Sabha seats in the 2014 polls for NDA. He said he would energise workers and leaders for achieving this.
He announced that BJP would organise protest across the state tomorrow to protest the UPA government decision to raise diesel prices.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!