New Bihar BJP chief non-committal over inviting Narendra Modi
Patna: The newly elected President of Bihar unit of BJP Mangal Pandey on Saturday said the decision whether to call Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the party`s April 15 rally here would be taken by Central leadership.
"Decision to invite Narendra Modi and other national leaders in the BJP`s `Hunkar rally` on April 15 here will be taken by the Central leadership," Pandey, who was chosen as new state chief yesterday, told reporters.
Pandey`s predecessor CP Thakur had earlier announced that Modi will be invited for the rally at historic Gandhi maidan in support of demand for achieving special category status for Bihar.
The assertion of Thakur, who served as Union minister in the NDA government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, had created uncomfortable situation for a section of state party leadership who value JD(U)-BJP alliance in the state.
Some leaders of state BJP including Thakur and ex-state chief Tarakant Jha had voiced support for Narendra Modi`s candidature for the pm`s post at BJP`s function yesterday to announce appointment of Pandey, a protege of Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
The newly elected Bihar BJP chief avoided answer regarding slogans raised in favour of Narendra Modi yesterday.
Pandey, who is presently member of state Legislative Council, said big challenge before him is to win all 40 Lok Sabha seats in the 2014 polls for NDA. He said he would energise workers and leaders for achieving this.
He announced that BJP would organise protest across the state tomorrow to protest the UPA government decision to raise diesel prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?