Newly elected Bihar MLAs take oath
Patna: Several newly elected legislators on Tuesday took oath in the Bihar Assembly.
Pro-tem Speaker Sadanand Singh administered the oath to the MLAs. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi were also present on the occasion.
Prominent among those who took oath include state Water Resources Minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary, Energy Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav, Road Construction Minister Nand Kishore Yadav, Health Minister Ashwaini Kumar Choubey, Minority Welfare Minister Sahid Ali Khan, PHED Minister Chandra Mohan Rai and Urban Development Minister Prem Kumar.
RJD Legislature Party leader and state party president Abdul Bari Siddiqui, being tipped for the post of the leader of the opposition in the house, also took oath.
The oath-taking programme would continue till Wednesday and the election to the post of Speaker would take place on Thursday.
Governor Devanand Konwar would address the joint session of the two Houses of the state legislature on December 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note