Newly elected Bihar MLAs take oath
Patna: Several newly elected legislators on Tuesday took oath in the Bihar Assembly.
Pro-tem Speaker Sadanand Singh administered the oath to the MLAs. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi were also present on the occasion.
Prominent among those who took oath include state Water Resources Minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary, Energy Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav, Road Construction Minister Nand Kishore Yadav, Health Minister Ashwaini Kumar Choubey, Minority Welfare Minister Sahid Ali Khan, PHED Minister Chandra Mohan Rai and Urban Development Minister Prem Kumar.
RJD Legislature Party leader and state party president Abdul Bari Siddiqui, being tipped for the post of the leader of the opposition in the house, also took oath.
The oath-taking programme would continue till Wednesday and the election to the post of Speaker would take place on Thursday.
Governor Devanand Konwar would address the joint session of the two Houses of the state legislature on December 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok