Newly elected Bihar MLAs take oath
Patna: Several newly elected legislators on Tuesday took oath in the Bihar Assembly.
Pro-tem Speaker Sadanand Singh administered the oath to the MLAs. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi were also present on the occasion.
Prominent among those who took oath include state Water Resources Minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary, Energy Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav, Road Construction Minister Nand Kishore Yadav, Health Minister Ashwaini Kumar Choubey, Minority Welfare Minister Sahid Ali Khan, PHED Minister Chandra Mohan Rai and Urban Development Minister Prem Kumar.
RJD Legislature Party leader and state party president Abdul Bari Siddiqui, being tipped for the post of the leader of the opposition in the house, also took oath.
The oath-taking programme would continue till Wednesday and the election to the post of Speaker would take place on Thursday.
Governor Devanand Konwar would address the joint session of the two Houses of the state legislature on December 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed