NIA announces Rs 10 lakh reward for arrest of IM men in blasts cases
New Delhi: NIA on Sunday announced a cash reward of up to Rs 10 lakh for any information leading to arrest of five absconding accused of banned Indian Mujahideen terror group including Tahseen Akhtar in Bodh Gaya and Patna serial blasts cases.
Besides Akhtar alias "Monu", a resident of Bihar, others named by the NIA were Haider Ali alias Abdullah, Numan Ansari, Taufeeq Ansari and Mojibullah, all residents of Jharkhand.
The NIA announcement said that the agency solicits the cooperation and assistance of general public and requests to provide information leading to the arrest of the five operatives of the Indian Mujahideen (IM) who were wanted for their alleged involvement in the planning and commission of terrorist acts including the July 7 Bodh Gaya Blasts and October 27 Patna Blasts.
Anyone providing information leading to arrest of Akhtar and Ali would be paid a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh whereas for others it would be Rs five lakh.
While Akhtar, who has virtually taken over the India operations of Indian Mujahideen after the arrest of Yaseen Bhatkal, is wanted in connection with the Hyderabad blasts also, Ali is also sought by the agency in another case related to the role of the terror outfit including its finances.
While five monks were injured in Bodh Gaya blasts, as many as six people died in Patna blasts during a rally addressed by BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
NIA has arrested four people including Mohammed Imtiyaz Ansari, who was nabbed by public when he along with another IM accused were assembling bombs inside a toilet at makeshift railway station in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA