NIA files chargesheet against Patna blasts accused
Patna: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has filed a chargesheet against Imtiyaz Ansari, an accused in the Patna serial blasts ahead of the October 27, 2013 rally by BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, police said on Friday.
"The chargesheet was filed at a special NIA court in Patna on Thursday," a district police official said.
The chargesheet was filed against Ansari after a thorough probe by an NIA team.
Ansari, a resident of Jharkhand`s capital Ranchi, is in custody. He was arrested at the Patna railway station after a bomb exploded on the platform few hours before Modi`s rally at Gandhi Maidan here. At least six people were killed and nearly 100 injured in a series of blasts during the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore