NIA files chargesheet against Patna blasts accused
Patna: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has filed a chargesheet against Imtiyaz Ansari, an accused in the Patna serial blasts ahead of the October 27, 2013 rally by BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, police said on Friday.
"The chargesheet was filed at a special NIA court in Patna on Thursday," a district police official said.
The chargesheet was filed against Ansari after a thorough probe by an NIA team.
Ansari, a resident of Jharkhand`s capital Ranchi, is in custody. He was arrested at the Patna railway station after a bomb exploded on the platform few hours before Modi`s rally at Gandhi Maidan here. At least six people were killed and nearly 100 injured in a series of blasts during the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you