NIA files chargesheet against Patna blasts accused
Patna: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has filed a chargesheet against Imtiyaz Ansari, an accused in the Patna serial blasts ahead of the October 27, 2013 rally by BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, police said on Friday.
"The chargesheet was filed at a special NIA court in Patna on Thursday," a district police official said.
The chargesheet was filed against Ansari after a thorough probe by an NIA team.
Ansari, a resident of Jharkhand`s capital Ranchi, is in custody. He was arrested at the Patna railway station after a bomb exploded on the platform few hours before Modi`s rally at Gandhi Maidan here. At least six people were killed and nearly 100 injured in a series of blasts during the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes