NIA gets court nod for blood sample of Bodhgaya blasts suspect
Madhepura (Bihar): The National Investigation Agency (NIA), probing Bodh Gaya serial blasts case, on Saturday acquired permission from a district court here for collecting blood sample of an under-trial Mohammad Nizam in connection with the explosions in world famous Buddhist shrine.
Mohammad Nizam, who was arrested from near famous Sidheshwar temple of Madhepura on August 24 last during motorcycle checking, is currently lodged in Madhepura divisional jail.
Nizam was seen loitering around the temple, about 8 Km from the Madhepura town, in his motorcycle for many days particularly on auspicious Monday after the July-7 blasts in the world famous Mahabodhi temple.
After his arrest with a stolen motorcycle, the district police had said that the youth of around 20 year of age is a native of Purnea.
The NIA is suspecting him involved in the Bodh Gaya blasts and its officials today prayed to court of Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Krishna Bihari Pandey to grant permission for his blood sample.
The court allowed the prayer and said it should be done in a government hospital and human rights of the person should not be violated.
Armed with the court order, the NIA team went inside the jail for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?