NIA given 13 days remand of 2 SIMI activists
Patna: A special court here on Wednesday gave 13 days remand of two SIMI activists arrested from Chhattisgarh in connection with Bodh Gaya and Patna serial blasts to NIA for questioning.
After being brought here from Raipur, two SIMI activists--Umer Siddiqui and Azharuddin Kureshi--were produced in the court of Special Judge of designated NIA court who gave 13 days remand of the two to the central agency.
The judge ordered to produce them before the court on December 18.
The two SIMI activists were arrested in Chhattisgarh in November in connection with serial bomb blasts in Bodh Gaya and at a rally of BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Patna on October 27 last.
NIA (National Investigation Agency) had prayed for 15 days remand but the court gave them 13 days remand of the two to sequence the events leading to explosions at the two places.
A Raipur court had on December 2 given three day transit remand of the two to be produced in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Share household chores with wife for super sex life
- BJP seeks Arvind Kejriwal's arrest over water tanker scam report
- Rajan wants central banks to keep off competitive devaluation
- Shiv Sena backs Subramanian Swamy, takes a dig at BJP leadership
- Courtney Browne replaces Clive Lloyd as West Indies' chairman of selectors