NIA given 13 days remand of 2 SIMI activists
Patna: A special court here on Wednesday gave 13 days remand of two SIMI activists arrested from Chhattisgarh in connection with Bodh Gaya and Patna serial blasts to NIA for questioning.
After being brought here from Raipur, two SIMI activists--Umer Siddiqui and Azharuddin Kureshi--were produced in the court of Special Judge of designated NIA court who gave 13 days remand of the two to the central agency.
The judge ordered to produce them before the court on December 18.
The two SIMI activists were arrested in Chhattisgarh in November in connection with serial bomb blasts in Bodh Gaya and at a rally of BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Patna on October 27 last.
NIA (National Investigation Agency) had prayed for 15 days remand but the court gave them 13 days remand of the two to sequence the events leading to explosions at the two places.
A Raipur court had on December 2 given three day transit remand of the two to be produced in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31