NIA officials interrogate youth for terrorist connection
Patna: A team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) officials today visited three places in Madhubani district and interrogated one person in connection with terrorist attacks in the country.
Sources said the NIA team visited Mohanpur village under Babu Barhi police station in Madhubani district and picked up one youth Amit Kumar Mandal for interrogation. He is a student of a Bangalore-based college and was at his native place for the summer holidays.
"Mandal had given photocopy of his identity card to somebody to procure a mobile phone SIM card. The phone number was used to in a terror incident," said a police source.
The NIA team questioned the youth, took a photocopy of his college identity card and released him later. The team members visited two other locations under Phulparas and town police stations in Madhubani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Why are people going so crazy over Reliance Jio test SIM
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China