NIA officials interrogate youth for terrorist connection
Patna: A team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) officials today visited three places in Madhubani district and interrogated one person in connection with terrorist attacks in the country.
Sources said the NIA team visited Mohanpur village under Babu Barhi police station in Madhubani district and picked up one youth Amit Kumar Mandal for interrogation. He is a student of a Bangalore-based college and was at his native place for the summer holidays.
"Mandal had given photocopy of his identity card to somebody to procure a mobile phone SIM card. The phone number was used to in a terror incident," said a police source.
The NIA team questioned the youth, took a photocopy of his college identity card and released him later. The team members visited two other locations under Phulparas and town police stations in Madhubani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha
- High-speed trains running on these five routes soon to be a reality
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh