NIA team in Ranchi with Patna blast suspect
Ranchi: The NIA sleuths on Wednesday brought Patna serial blasts suspect Imitiaz Ansari to Ranchi in search of more evidences in connection with Bodhgaya and Patna serial blasts, a senior IPS officer said here.
"The NIA team is here. It has brought Imitiaz Ansari to Ranchi in connection with Patna bomb blasts. Earlier, he was also taken to Bodhgaya to get more evidences in a blast there," the police officer said.
During the day, the NIA took Ansari to a locality in Dhurwa, where the team is looking for more leads into the blasts, the officer added.
Another IPS officer said the NIA sleuths asked a car and a house which were provided to them. "They asked for a car and a house and we have provided them both," the officer said, apparently for investigation into the October 27 blasts.
Soon after the Patna blasts, the NIA has conducted several searches in the locality near Dhurwa after the Patna blasts and arrested Ansari, a Ranchi resident, in Patna and Ujjair Ahmad from Doranda in Ranchi.
The police had also recovered nine powerful timer-fitted bombs from a locality in Ranchi on November 4 and the materials of the explosives matched those exploded in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP