NIA team in Ranchi with Patna blast suspect
Ranchi: The NIA sleuths on Wednesday brought Patna serial blasts suspect Imitiaz Ansari to Ranchi in search of more evidences in connection with Bodhgaya and Patna serial blasts, a senior IPS officer said here.
"The NIA team is here. It has brought Imitiaz Ansari to Ranchi in connection with Patna bomb blasts. Earlier, he was also taken to Bodhgaya to get more evidences in a blast there," the police officer said.
During the day, the NIA took Ansari to a locality in Dhurwa, where the team is looking for more leads into the blasts, the officer added.
Another IPS officer said the NIA sleuths asked a car and a house which were provided to them. "They asked for a car and a house and we have provided them both," the officer said, apparently for investigation into the October 27 blasts.
Soon after the Patna blasts, the NIA has conducted several searches in the locality near Dhurwa after the Patna blasts and arrested Ansari, a Ranchi resident, in Patna and Ujjair Ahmad from Doranda in Ranchi.
The police had also recovered nine powerful timer-fitted bombs from a locality in Ranchi on November 4 and the materials of the explosives matched those exploded in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends