NIA team in Ranchi with Patna blast suspect
Ranchi: The NIA sleuths on Wednesday brought Patna serial blasts suspect Imitiaz Ansari to Ranchi in search of more evidences in connection with Bodhgaya and Patna serial blasts, a senior IPS officer said here.
"The NIA team is here. It has brought Imitiaz Ansari to Ranchi in connection with Patna bomb blasts. Earlier, he was also taken to Bodhgaya to get more evidences in a blast there," the police officer said.
During the day, the NIA took Ansari to a locality in Dhurwa, where the team is looking for more leads into the blasts, the officer added.
Another IPS officer said the NIA sleuths asked a car and a house which were provided to them. "They asked for a car and a house and we have provided them both," the officer said, apparently for investigation into the October 27 blasts.
Soon after the Patna blasts, the NIA has conducted several searches in the locality near Dhurwa after the Patna blasts and arrested Ansari, a Ranchi resident, in Patna and Ujjair Ahmad from Doranda in Ranchi.
The police had also recovered nine powerful timer-fitted bombs from a locality in Ranchi on November 4 and the materials of the explosives matched those exploded in Patna.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference