NIA team in Ranchi with Patna blast suspect
Ranchi: The NIA sleuths on Wednesday brought Patna serial blasts suspect Imitiaz Ansari to Ranchi in search of more evidences in connection with Bodhgaya and Patna serial blasts, a senior IPS officer said here.
"The NIA team is here. It has brought Imitiaz Ansari to Ranchi in connection with Patna bomb blasts. Earlier, he was also taken to Bodhgaya to get more evidences in a blast there," the police officer said.
During the day, the NIA took Ansari to a locality in Dhurwa, where the team is looking for more leads into the blasts, the officer added.
Another IPS officer said the NIA sleuths asked a car and a house which were provided to them. "They asked for a car and a house and we have provided them both," the officer said, apparently for investigation into the October 27 blasts.
Soon after the Patna blasts, the NIA has conducted several searches in the locality near Dhurwa after the Patna blasts and arrested Ansari, a Ranchi resident, in Patna and Ujjair Ahmad from Doranda in Ranchi.
The police had also recovered nine powerful timer-fitted bombs from a locality in Ranchi on November 4 and the materials of the explosives matched those exploded in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened