NIA team in Ranchi with Patna blast suspect
Ranchi: The NIA sleuths on Wednesday brought Patna serial blasts suspect Imitiaz Ansari to Ranchi in search of more evidences in connection with Bodhgaya and Patna serial blasts, a senior IPS officer said here.
"The NIA team is here. It has brought Imitiaz Ansari to Ranchi in connection with Patna bomb blasts. Earlier, he was also taken to Bodhgaya to get more evidences in a blast there," the police officer said.
During the day, the NIA took Ansari to a locality in Dhurwa, where the team is looking for more leads into the blasts, the officer added.
Another IPS officer said the NIA sleuths asked a car and a house which were provided to them. "They asked for a car and a house and we have provided them both," the officer said, apparently for investigation into the October 27 blasts.
Soon after the Patna blasts, the NIA has conducted several searches in the locality near Dhurwa after the Patna blasts and arrested Ansari, a Ranchi resident, in Patna and Ujjair Ahmad from Doranda in Ranchi.
The police had also recovered nine powerful timer-fitted bombs from a locality in Ranchi on November 4 and the materials of the explosives matched those exploded in Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand