NIA team reaches Bodh Gaya, begins probe in serial blasts
Patna: A National Investigation Agency (NIA) team Sunday evening began its probe into the serial blasts in the Mahabodhi temple in Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town, police officials said.
"A NIA team led by an IPS officer Vikas Vaibhav began probe into the serial blasts in Bodh Gaya soon after they arrived," said an official at police headquarters here.
According to police officials in Gaya, the NIA team was expected by the afternoon but their arrival was delayed due to bad weather.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who inspected the site soon after the blasts, had announced that the NIA would conduct a probe into the serial blasts in the temple.
Meanwhile, some Buddhist monks offered prayers amid chanting of holy scriptures at Mahabodhi temple Sunday evening.
"Only Buddhist monks were allowed in to offer prayers in the temple as usual. The government has decided not to discontinue the regular prayers and worship by monks in the temple," said Bihar police chief Abhayanand.
The temple would, however, open Monday as usual for pilgrims and tourists after the NIA team completes the process of collecting evidence from the site.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'