NIA to take over blasts investigation, will ensure probe from all angles: Nitish Kumar
Rajgir: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said the state`s security agencies were answerable for Sunday`s serial blasts in Patna and he will ensure that the incident is probed from all angles.
He said Bihar government has asked the NIA to take over the probe in the serial blasts targeting Narendra Modi`s Sunday rally that had left six people dead and over 80 injured.
Addressing his party JD(U) convention here, Kumar condemned the serial blasts in Gandhi Maidan on Sunday.
"I had asked authorities to take proper security arrangements at the rally venue. I had told the top police officer to ensure the security of the massive rally that is scheduled."
He added "if the BJP wanted me to personally monitor the security arrangement, they should have asked me".
"I have requested NIA to take over the investigation in the serial blast in Patna," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly