NIA to take over blasts investigation, will ensure probe from all angles: Nitish Kumar
Rajgir: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said the state`s security agencies were answerable for Sunday`s serial blasts in Patna and he will ensure that the incident is probed from all angles.
He said Bihar government has asked the NIA to take over the probe in the serial blasts targeting Narendra Modi`s Sunday rally that had left six people dead and over 80 injured.
Addressing his party JD(U) convention here, Kumar condemned the serial blasts in Gandhi Maidan on Sunday.
"I had asked authorities to take proper security arrangements at the rally venue. I had told the top police officer to ensure the security of the massive rally that is scheduled."
He added "if the BJP wanted me to personally monitor the security arrangement, they should have asked me".
"I have requested NIA to take over the investigation in the serial blast in Patna," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- China, Russia fed up with US hegemony: Chinese daily
- BJP ally Shiv Sena accuses saffron party of spreading falsehood, rumours
- TCS to be levied above Rs 2 lakh only if payment in cash: CBDT
- Locals, tourists trying to make drug-peddling a business: Goa CM
- Watch: Panaji Mayor Surendra Furtado, 6 others fall in creek during a de-weeding drive