NIA to take over blasts investigation, will ensure probe from all angles: Nitish Kumar
Rajgir: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said the state`s security agencies were answerable for Sunday`s serial blasts in Patna and he will ensure that the incident is probed from all angles.
He said Bihar government has asked the NIA to take over the probe in the serial blasts targeting Narendra Modi`s Sunday rally that had left six people dead and over 80 injured.
Addressing his party JD(U) convention here, Kumar condemned the serial blasts in Gandhi Maidan on Sunday.
"I had asked authorities to take proper security arrangements at the rally venue. I had told the top police officer to ensure the security of the massive rally that is scheduled."
He added "if the BJP wanted me to personally monitor the security arrangement, they should have asked me".
"I have requested NIA to take over the investigation in the serial blast in Patna," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!