NIA to take over blasts investigation, will ensure probe from all angles: Nitish Kumar
Rajgir: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said the state`s security agencies were answerable for Sunday`s serial blasts in Patna and he will ensure that the incident is probed from all angles.
He said Bihar government has asked the NIA to take over the probe in the serial blasts targeting Narendra Modi`s Sunday rally that had left six people dead and over 80 injured.
Addressing his party JD(U) convention here, Kumar condemned the serial blasts in Gandhi Maidan on Sunday.
"I had asked authorities to take proper security arrangements at the rally venue. I had told the top police officer to ensure the security of the massive rally that is scheduled."
He added "if the BJP wanted me to personally monitor the security arrangement, they should have asked me".
"I have requested NIA to take over the investigation in the serial blast in Patna," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack