Nine held, SHO suspended for Mohania incident
Patna: Nine persons were on Wednesday arrested in
connection with yesterday`s torching of a section of a police
station and ten vehicles besides damaging orther property by a
rampaging mob to protest against the killing of a trader at
Mohania in Bihar`s Kaimur district.
The station house officer of Mohania police station had
also been suspended on the charge of deriliction of duty,
Water Resources Minister, Vijay Kumar Chaudhary told the state
legislative council in a written statement.
A medical board was constitued to examine the nature of
injury of three persons who suffered wounds.
Additional police personnel had been deployed at
Mohania, he said.
While protesting against the killing Sanjeev Agrawal on
Monday night, a mob sent on fire the computer room of Mohania
police station, burnt down ten public and private vehicles and
also damaged property of a nearby school and hospital, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened