Nine Maoists arrested with weapons in Bihar
Motihari: A joint team of the Special Task Police (STF) and police have arrested nine Maoists, including two hardcore ones, with weapons from Bihar`s East Champaran district, a police officer said on Wednesday.
Carrying out a search operation against Maoists since yesterday, the joint team nabbed nine ultras, including the two hardcore ones identified as Zaheer Madari and Nanhat Paswan, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Vinay Kumar told reporters.
A self-styled area commander, Madari was wanted in at least 25 cases of loot, murder and naxal violence in the district and carried a reward of Rs. 50,000 on his head, he said.
Paswan, a hardcore Maoist too, was wanted in nine cases of naxal violence, Kumar said.
The other arrested ultras have been identified as Vidya Mahto, Lakhindra Paswan, Arun Kumar Thakur, Lalita Prasad, Muslim alias Islam, Ramekbal Bhagat and Rambharosh Das, the SP said.
On identification of the arrested Maoists, the joint team raided Goregaon village under Kundwa Chainpur police station area and seized one AK-56 with three magazines, a 9 mm pistol, one country-made pistol, 98 ammunitions, three mobile phones, two motorcycles and naxal literature, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test