Nine Maoists arrested with weapons in Bihar
Motihari: A joint team of the Special Task Police (STF) and police have arrested nine Maoists, including two hardcore ones, with weapons from Bihar`s East Champaran district, a police officer said on Wednesday.
Carrying out a search operation against Maoists since yesterday, the joint team nabbed nine ultras, including the two hardcore ones identified as Zaheer Madari and Nanhat Paswan, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Vinay Kumar told reporters.
A self-styled area commander, Madari was wanted in at least 25 cases of loot, murder and naxal violence in the district and carried a reward of Rs. 50,000 on his head, he said.
Paswan, a hardcore Maoist too, was wanted in nine cases of naxal violence, Kumar said.
The other arrested ultras have been identified as Vidya Mahto, Lakhindra Paswan, Arun Kumar Thakur, Lalita Prasad, Muslim alias Islam, Ramekbal Bhagat and Rambharosh Das, the SP said.
On identification of the arrested Maoists, the joint team raided Goregaon village under Kundwa Chainpur police station area and seized one AK-56 with three magazines, a 9 mm pistol, one country-made pistol, 98 ammunitions, three mobile phones, two motorcycles and naxal literature, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Turkish military returns fire in Syria after shells hit border town: Report
- North Korea rolls out on-demand TV service
- Priyanka teams with Jodie Foster to reinvent song
- Akshay Kumar hides daughter Nitara's face from the paps and it's so CUTE! Picture proof inside
- Banning cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT