Nine sentenced to life imprisonment
Biharsharief: A local court on Wednesday sentenced nine persons to life imprisonment in connection with a murder case in Nalanda district in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions judge S G Mishra found them guilty of killing a villager Upendra Yadav following an old enmity at Banauliya under Bihar police station on January 2, 2009 and awarded life-term to them.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 on each of them.
The convicts are: Sanjay Yadav, Pramod Yadav, Vijay Yadav, Ashok Yadav, Santosh Yadav, Guddu Yadav, Paro yadav, Ramlagan Yadav and Kishore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured