Nine sentenced to life imprisonment
Biharsharief: A local court on Wednesday sentenced nine persons to life imprisonment in connection with a murder case in Nalanda district in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions judge S G Mishra found them guilty of killing a villager Upendra Yadav following an old enmity at Banauliya under Bihar police station on January 2, 2009 and awarded life-term to them.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 on each of them.
The convicts are: Sanjay Yadav, Pramod Yadav, Vijay Yadav, Ashok Yadav, Santosh Yadav, Guddu Yadav, Paro yadav, Ramlagan Yadav and Kishore.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed
- Raids at Andhra Pradesh transport official's premises reveal assets worth Rs 800 crores