Nine sentenced to life imprisonment
Biharsharief: A local court on Wednesday sentenced nine persons to life imprisonment in connection with a murder case in Nalanda district in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions judge S G Mishra found them guilty of killing a villager Upendra Yadav following an old enmity at Banauliya under Bihar police station on January 2, 2009 and awarded life-term to them.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 on each of them.
The convicts are: Sanjay Yadav, Pramod Yadav, Vijay Yadav, Ashok Yadav, Santosh Yadav, Guddu Yadav, Paro yadav, Ramlagan Yadav and Kishore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch