Nitish accuses Centre of continuing discrimination
Patna: Slamming the Centre for rejecting his demand for granting special status to Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Friday accused it of "discriminating" against the state for long.
"Bihar has been discriminated against by the Centre for long and the attitude remains unchanged till date", Kumar said while reacting to Centre`s `no` to Bihar`s demand for special status.
The chief minister announced that struggle for the demand for securing special state category to Bihar would continue unless the Centre concedes the demand.
He wondered how the Centre could afford to ignore the genuine demand of the people of Bihar.
Stressing that Bihar deserved special treatment and special state status as it fulfills all the criteria, he said any attempt to deny this genuine demand would lead to agitation from the common people of the state.
Kumar advised the centre to stop the "step-motherly treatment" with the state.
In a major blow to Bihar government`s efforts, an inter-ministerial group of the Centre has rejected Bihar`s demand for special status. The group was constituted to look into the demand for granting special status to state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'