Nitish ahead of Modi as he unveils Patel statue in Bihar
Biharsharif: In the backdrop of Narendra Modi`s recent announcement of installing a huge statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in Gujarat, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday unveiled a big statue of Patel here and paid homage to the great national leader.
"Patel had a great personality. He was a self-made man who had written his own story," Kumar told a public rally after unveiling the statue at Sardar Patel Memorial University here, the headquarters of Nalanda district.
Stating that Patel had organised farmers, Kumar said "he had outstanding organisational quality which impressed even Mahatama Gandhi."
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had announced to collect iron from farmers across the country to build a giant statue of Patel as `Statue of Unity` in Gandhinagar.
Following it up senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi during a recent party function in Nalanda had said that collection of iron from farmers would begin from the home district (Nalanda) of the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre