Nitish alerts DMs amid warning of cyclone Phailin
Patna: Amidst warning of cyclone Phailin reaching Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today alerted all district magistrates to take precautionary measures.
The Chief Minister gave the instruction after holding a meeting with Indian Meteorological Department officials here, an official statement said.
The weather office representatives warned that after Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and West Bengal, the cyclone could also reach Bihar.
In view of the warning, the CM also told Health and Energy department officials to be prepared to meet any challenge.
Principal Secretary Disaster Management Vyasji said the DMs have been told to provide necessary precautionary information to people not to rush under tree or weak buildings in case of such eventuality.
They were also instructed to constitute a relief team at block level to meet any untoward incident.
Chief Secretary Ashok Kumar Sinha and state police chief Abhyanand attended the important meeting at CM`s residence.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world