Nitish alerts DMs amid warning of cyclone Phailin
Patna: Amidst warning of cyclone Phailin reaching Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today alerted all district magistrates to take precautionary measures.
The Chief Minister gave the instruction after holding a meeting with Indian Meteorological Department officials here, an official statement said.
The weather office representatives warned that after Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and West Bengal, the cyclone could also reach Bihar.
In view of the warning, the CM also told Health and Energy department officials to be prepared to meet any challenge.
Principal Secretary Disaster Management Vyasji said the DMs have been told to provide necessary precautionary information to people not to rush under tree or weak buildings in case of such eventuality.
They were also instructed to constitute a relief team at block level to meet any untoward incident.
Chief Secretary Ashok Kumar Sinha and state police chief Abhyanand attended the important meeting at CM`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal