Nitish angry at Bihar Lokayukta Bill’s criticism
Majaulia: Apparently stung by Team
Anna`s rap on the proposed Bihar Lokayukta Bill, Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday said he does not require anybody`s
certificate in the crusade against corruption in the state.
"Mujhe kisi ke certificate ki jarurat nahih hai (I don`t
need anybody`s certificate)," he told reporters here when asked
to comment on rejection of the Bihar Lokayukta Bill by Team
Reacting to Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s view that
the Bihar Lokayukta Bill was a copy of the Centre`s Lokpal
draft, Kumar cautioned the former to guard against pre-judging
the final outcome of the bill.
An angry chief minister said he had never made any
specific promise on the Bill to Team Anna when they had called
on him earlier this year to seek support for the Jan Lokpal
"I had never given any word to Team Anna about the
outline of the Bihar Lokayukta bill. If at all I have given
any promise to anybody in the fight against corruption, it is
the people of Bihar to whom I am accountable," Kumar said.
He said that his government was open to suggestion on the
final draft of the proposed legislation and the present draft
was thrown open for public debate and an inter-ministerial
group formed to vet suggestions from various quarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan