Nitish announces compensation for fire victims
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday
announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs 1.5 lakh for each of eight
members of the family who were charred to death in a fire at a
hut under Kesharia police station in Bihar`s East Champaran
district on Wednesday night.
"CM has asked the disaster management department to
make available Rs One lakh compensation for each of those
who lost their lives in the fire..., besides Rs Fifty thousand
from CM relief fund", an official spokesman told PTI today.
The total amount of Rs Twelve Lakh would be given to
lone surviving child of the family; Chief Minister said
adding that the state government would also bear the expenses
to incur on the schooling of the boy.
Eight members of the family were charred to death when
a fire engulfed the hut at Suryapur village under Kesharia
police station when they were asleep on Wednesday night.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler