Nitish announces compensation for fire victims
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday
announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs 1.5 lakh for each of eight
members of the family who were charred to death in a fire at a
hut under Kesharia police station in Bihar`s East Champaran
district on Wednesday night.
"CM has asked the disaster management department to
make available Rs One lakh compensation for each of those
who lost their lives in the fire..., besides Rs Fifty thousand
from CM relief fund", an official spokesman told PTI today.
The total amount of Rs Twelve Lakh would be given to
lone surviving child of the family; Chief Minister said
adding that the state government would also bear the expenses
to incur on the schooling of the boy.
Eight members of the family were charred to death when
a fire engulfed the hut at Suryapur village under Kesharia
police station when they were asleep on Wednesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note