Nitish announces state funeral for slain soldiers from Bihar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday criticised the killing of five soldiers, including four from Bihar, by Pakistani troops in Jammu and Kashmir and announced a state funeral for the martyrs.
Besides, the family of the slain soldiers, would get Rs 10 lakh compensation from the state government, sources in the Chief Minister`s Office said.
The deceased jawans, belonging to 21 Bihar Regiment, were deployed on the Sarla forward post along the LoC in Chakan-Da-Bagh sector of Poonch.
A group of 20 heavily armed men led by Pakistani troops entered 450 metres into the Indian territory in the Poonch sector in the wee hours today and ambushed a patrol killing the five Indian soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels