Nitish announces state funeral for slain soldiers from Bihar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday criticised the killing of five soldiers, including four from Bihar, by Pakistani troops in Jammu and Kashmir and announced a state funeral for the martyrs.
Besides, the family of the slain soldiers, would get Rs 10 lakh compensation from the state government, sources in the Chief Minister`s Office said.
The deceased jawans, belonging to 21 Bihar Regiment, were deployed on the Sarla forward post along the LoC in Chakan-Da-Bagh sector of Poonch.
A group of 20 heavily armed men led by Pakistani troops entered 450 metres into the Indian territory in the Poonch sector in the wee hours today and ambushed a patrol killing the five Indian soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA