Nitish announces to establish IT city in Nalanda
Patna: Wooing investors to make Bihar their destination, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today announced to establish an IT city in Nalanda district.
"An IT city will be built in an area of 200 acres of land near the Nalanda International University," Kumar said addressing the "E-Bihar summit" here.
The varsity is coming up in Nalanda, the home district of the chief minister.
Stressing that the state has a favourable environment for the IT industry to flourish, Kumar exhorted investors to make the state their destination instead of going to Vietnam and Philippines.
"Bihar has a favourable environment for the IT sector. There will be low input cost for setting up IT industry and more profit," he said.
The Chief Minister said that his government was giving priority to the functioning of the IT in all of its departments.
"We started our journey in the field of IT in 2005 and within two years we won the e-governance award from the Union government," he said.
Not naming the fodder scam, he claimed that the widespread loot in treasury during the RJD-rule in the state was brought under control with the computerisation of the system.
"To check loot in the treasury, all the treasuries have been computerised to stop illegal withdrawal like one happened in the past," he said, adding that an IT park would be built in the city near Dakbunglow within two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA : What is the reason behind increasing difference between rich and poor?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city