Nitish appeals people not to allow return of `bad` old days
Gaya: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday cautioned people of the state against reverting to the "bad" days of the RJD rule.
"Hope you have not forgotten the situation in Bihar during that time (RJD rule).... People were always scared and used to sprint back home after sunset. And if they were late, people at home used to get tense," Kumar said addressing JD(U)`s "Sankalp" rally here at the Gandhi Maidan.
"Massacres used to be a common occurance.... But now that has become a thing of the past," Kumar said in support of his claims of good law and order situation under his rule.
He justified the party`s decision of ending ties with BJP which, he said, was in poor shape after the setback at the recent Delhi Assembly elections.
"They (BJP) are in poor health after the Delhi polls.... Where is that artificially created wave vanished," he said in a jibe at BJP.
He held BJP responsible for the break-up and accused it of "breaching" agreement on issues like Article 370 for Jammu & Kashmir, the Ayodhya dispute and the common civil code.
The Chief Minister also stressed on the issue of the special category status for the state and vowed that his party would not rest until the matter was settled in their favour.
State JD(U) President Bashistha Narayan Singh, senior ministers Vijay Kumar Chaudhary, Bheem Singh, Jeetan Ram Manjhi and Shahid Ali Khan also addressed the rally.
JD(U), in November, had decided to hold a series of "Sankalp" rallies in the state to counter BJP`s "baseless" charges against Kumar and encourage people to maintain communal harmony which, they alleged, was under threat. The rallies will end on February 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands