Nitish asks Bansal to complete pending rail projects in Bihar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar put forth his wish list before Union Railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Monday and asked him to make provision for completing various pending projects in Bihar.
"All railway projects proposed in Bihar were meant to be executed in a time frame, but that did not happen," Kumar, who was himself the Railway minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee cabinet, said.
He asked Bansal, who is scheduled to present the Rail Budget tomorrow, to run some more trains from various destinations in Bihar, including Patna, to places like Delhi and to other states in view of the rush of passengers.
Kumar also emphasised on measures for railway safety, renewal of tracks and signal system that he said he had started during his reign a decade ago but his successor (Lalu Prasad) failed to look into "his desire to raise the revenue".
He also asked the minister to put in place a balance while announcing various measures for growth of Railways and catering to growing aspiration of the passengers and the states.
The chief minister said the proposed railway bridge on Ganga between Digha and Saran and another bridge on the same river in Munger district were among several railway projects which have been pending for years and needed to be executed for improvement in railway connectivity in various parts of Bihar.
He said he had taken up the two projects during discussion with Bansal recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH