Nitish asks Bansal to complete pending rail projects in Bihar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar put forth his wish list before Union Railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Monday and asked him to make provision for completing various pending projects in Bihar.
"All railway projects proposed in Bihar were meant to be executed in a time frame, but that did not happen," Kumar, who was himself the Railway minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee cabinet, said.
He asked Bansal, who is scheduled to present the Rail Budget tomorrow, to run some more trains from various destinations in Bihar, including Patna, to places like Delhi and to other states in view of the rush of passengers.
Kumar also emphasised on measures for railway safety, renewal of tracks and signal system that he said he had started during his reign a decade ago but his successor (Lalu Prasad) failed to look into "his desire to raise the revenue".
He also asked the minister to put in place a balance while announcing various measures for growth of Railways and catering to growing aspiration of the passengers and the states.
The chief minister said the proposed railway bridge on Ganga between Digha and Saran and another bridge on the same river in Munger district were among several railway projects which have been pending for years and needed to be executed for improvement in railway connectivity in various parts of Bihar.
He said he had taken up the two projects during discussion with Bansal recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends