Nitish asks girls to learn martial arts for self-defense
Patna: With crimes against women on the rise, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Tuesday urged girls to learn martial arts along with education to defend themselves against eve-teasers.
"The girls should learn martial arts like Judo, Karate and Taekwondo to attain physical strength and alertness for self-defence when confronted with eveteasers," he said while inaugurating the 31st senior national Taekwondo championship.
He said with this end in view the state government had launched training in Judo and Karate in schools across Bihar a few years back.
Over one lakh girls had learnt the martial arts through training programmes in their schools.
Observing that various forms of martial arts have emerged as major sports events in the national and international level, Kumar urged youths to take up them for professional excellence and career opportunities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees