Nitish asks people to adhere to the ethos of Eid
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday asked people to adhere to the ethos of Eid-ul-fitr which gives the message of peace and communal amity.
Kumar, who was speaking to newsmen after greeting the people on the occasion, said people should adhere to the ethos of the festival for social justice, equality, communal harmony and brotherhood.
He asked them to pray for socio-economic development of Bihar so that it could contribute to the progress of the country.
Earlier, he met Imam Saikhul Hadis Maulana Mohammed Qasim at Gandhi Maidan and greeted him on the occasion of Eid. Qasim also extended greetings to the Chief Minister and gifted him a traditional cap and handkerchief (Safa).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?