Nitish asks PM to implement coal block linking
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to implement the linking of Barauni Thermal Power Plant Extension Project with Urma Paharitola coal block and accept the offer of tapering coal linkage, pending formal approval of the standing Linkage Committee.
Thanking the Prime Minister for his recent letter conveying the suggestion of the ministry of coal for linking Barauni Thermal Power Plant Extension Project with Urma Paharitola coal block and accepting the offer of tapering coal linkage, Kumar said, "We have since accepted the offer and the chief secretary has written to the secretary, ministry of coal on July 27 in this regard".
The Barauni TPP, Kumar said, was the only state sector power project in Bihar that was expected to add 500 MW generation capacity.
"We are making all efforts to ensure that this project is completed in time, in January/July 2014", he said.
"It is therefore essential that the tapering coal linkage offered should provide aequate coal supply to this plant from a working coal mine beginning 2014 until Urma Paharitola coal block begins production around 2018 as well as tapering supplies for three years thereafter", he said.
Kumar said, "Since the last date for obtaining environmental clearance for Barauni TPP is January 31, 2013 the coal ministry will have to ensure that approval of the tapering linkage is notified immediately".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"