Nitish, Bari to head govt and opposition in Bihar Assembly
Patna: Bihar’s Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will be
the Leader of the House in Bihar Assembly, while RJD
Legislature Party leader Abdul Bari Siddiqui will be the
Leader of Opposition.
Speaker Uday Narain Choudhary today announced Kumar as
the Leader of the House soon after Governor Devanand Konwar`s
joint address to the two Houses of the state legislature.
Choudhary recognised Siddiqui as the Leader of
opposition though the RJD fell short of two seats in its
strength in the House for obtaining the post.
According to rules, an opposition party with ten per
cent seats in the House with effective strength of 243 is
entitled to get its leader recognised as the Leader of the
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had announced that his
government would be flexible and considerate on its stand on a
new Leader of Opposition, irrespective of the strength, though
it is the domain of Speaker to give recognition to an
opposition leader to the post.
RJD won 22 seats in the recently held elections to the
15th Assembly in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan