Nitish blames politics for delay in setting up AMU centre
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Wednesday indirectly attacked the Centre for "playing politics" to
delay the construction of the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)
study centre at Kishanganj and said that the NDA government
was ready to provide the required land for it.
"Certain forces have added syrup of politics over the
proposed AMU study centre at Kishanganj over the land
requirement for higher education institution for minorities,"
he said in an apparent dig at the Centre at a function.
Stating that the state government had allocated 250
acres land for the proposed AMU study centre at Kishanganj as
initially demanded by the the Aligarh Muslim University, Kumar
regretted that politics was being played out on the issue
since June last year to cause embarrassment to his government.
The AMU authorities all of a sudden altered their
proposal for land demanding additional 100 acre land in one
tract for the study centre, the chief minister said adding
that the state government was prepared to meet even this
demand and the process for land acquisition was started afresh
to acquire it from farmers.
However, the confusion over land requirement for the
AMU study centre has persisted with the university authorities
yet again writing to the state government expressing their
readiness to accept the original proposal over land
requirement, Kumar said and urged the latter to sort out the
matter for once and start the construction work.
The state government is ready to construct roads
linking the available land for the AMU study centre and also
provide additional land, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire
- Narsingh Yadav missing Rio Olympics will mean India losing a medal: WFI President