Nitish calls Anna `saint`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday termed Anna Hazare a `saint` and asked JD(U)leaders and workers to take lesson from his fast, which entered the ninth day today, and remain vigilant to check corruption.
``A saint like Anna Hazare has jolted the UPA government at the Centre by sitting on a fast in Delhi for a strong Jan Lokpal,`` Kumar said addressing a meeting of party officer bearers from districts, senior leaders and workers here.
``I call upon all of you to remain vigilant ... work unitedly to root out corruption from all levels,`` he said.
He said, the state government would organize a camp on August 27 to distribute money directly to beneficiaries for construction of houses under Indira Awas Yojana at every block.
``We have to eliminate middlemen responsible for corruption under IAY,`` he said adding JD(U) workers would have to ensure that the money reached genuine beneficiaries.
Kumar also asked JD(U) workers to create awareness among the people against corruption and campaign intensively to highlight the benefits of the Right to Service Act implemented on August 15 in the state to check corruption in public utility services.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro