Nitish calls Anna `saint`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday termed Anna Hazare a `saint` and asked JD(U)leaders and workers to take lesson from his fast, which entered the ninth day today, and remain vigilant to check corruption.
``A saint like Anna Hazare has jolted the UPA government at the Centre by sitting on a fast in Delhi for a strong Jan Lokpal,`` Kumar said addressing a meeting of party officer bearers from districts, senior leaders and workers here.
``I call upon all of you to remain vigilant ... work unitedly to root out corruption from all levels,`` he said.
He said, the state government would organize a camp on August 27 to distribute money directly to beneficiaries for construction of houses under Indira Awas Yojana at every block.
``We have to eliminate middlemen responsible for corruption under IAY,`` he said adding JD(U) workers would have to ensure that the money reached genuine beneficiaries.
Kumar also asked JD(U) workers to create awareness among the people against corruption and campaign intensively to highlight the benefits of the Right to Service Act implemented on August 15 in the state to check corruption in public utility services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department