Nitish: Centre trying to divide Bihar over CUB
Motihari: Criticising the Centre for its stand over the location of the Central University in Bihar (CUB), Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has alleged that the Union Government is trying to "divide" Bihar over the issue.
"Ignoring the state government`s repeated request to establish the CUB in Motihari in East Champaran district, the work-place of Mahatma Gandhi, Centre and Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal wants to set up the CUB in Gaya," Kumar told a gathering here last evening.
"Sibal is trying to divide Bihar by whipping up regional sentiments by shifting the location of the CUB to Gaya," Kumar alleged apparently referring to Sibal`s recent letter to the state government about the Centre`s decision to set up CUB in Gaya.
The Chief Minister alleged that the Centre had earlier okayed the proposal to set up the university in Motihari and now they are no doing politics and want to establish it in Gaya.
Kumar said that entire Bihar was unanimous on the issue of establishing Central University of Bihar in Motihari
The Chief Minister said he stood firm in his resolve to fulfil his commitments to set up the CUB in Motihari for which the farmers have offered land at three places.
Kumar is currently on a `seva yatra’ to Motihari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured