Nitish: Centre trying to divide Bihar over CUB
Motihari: Criticising the Centre for its stand over the location of the Central University in Bihar (CUB), Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has alleged that the Union Government is trying to "divide" Bihar over the issue.
"Ignoring the state government`s repeated request to establish the CUB in Motihari in East Champaran district, the work-place of Mahatma Gandhi, Centre and Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal wants to set up the CUB in Gaya," Kumar told a gathering here last evening.
"Sibal is trying to divide Bihar by whipping up regional sentiments by shifting the location of the CUB to Gaya," Kumar alleged apparently referring to Sibal`s recent letter to the state government about the Centre`s decision to set up CUB in Gaya.
The Chief Minister alleged that the Centre had earlier okayed the proposal to set up the university in Motihari and now they are no doing politics and want to establish it in Gaya.
Kumar said that entire Bihar was unanimous on the issue of establishing Central University of Bihar in Motihari
The Chief Minister said he stood firm in his resolve to fulfil his commitments to set up the CUB in Motihari for which the farmers have offered land at three places.
Kumar is currently on a `seva yatra’ to Motihari.
- Rajya Sabha ethics panel recommends expulsion of Vijay Mallya with immediate effect
- 2,200 SBI PO jobs offered: Apply by May 24
- Controversies, legal battle – What are they? Kangana Ranaut at her happiest best – See pics
- West Bengal Assembly elections: 4 bombs found in a polling station
- BCCI constitution is highly incapable of achieving transparency, accountability: Supreme Court