Nitish charges rivals with seeking to oust his govt
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday attacked his rivals for trying to oust his government by "spreading lies and indulging in immoral means" and said they will fail in their endeavour.
"In democracy everybody has right to speak his mind, but one should not indulge in spreading lies and taking to immoral means to run down adversaries and achieve whatsoever target," he said at JD(U) state council meeting where the sitting state unit chief Bashistha Narayan Singh`s election for a second term was ratified.
"My adversaries lack truth and moral strength to pursue their goals ... They have neither truth nor moral fabric to take them forward," Kumar said in a scathing attack on RJD and other opposition parties.
RJD, Kumar said, had the opportunity to undertake development projects and fulfil the aspirations of the people during its 15-year-long rule in the state but it did not do anything positive. "But whatever else it did is known to everybody."
RJD has no option now but to regret its mistakes as Bihar has been striding rapidly on a new track of development, he said adding his adversaries cannot derail the development wagon and hitch a ride on it mid-way.
Kumar also charged his rivals with adopting negative and disruptive tactics during his `Adhikar yatra` on the special status issue and running a misinformation campaign against his government.
"But these canards came to naught as large number of people attended the `Adhikar rally` in Patna on November four last to present a united face on the special status issue," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees