Nitish charges rivals with seeking to oust his govt
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday attacked his rivals for trying to oust his government by "spreading lies and indulging in immoral means" and said they will fail in their endeavour.
"In democracy everybody has right to speak his mind, but one should not indulge in spreading lies and taking to immoral means to run down adversaries and achieve whatsoever target," he said at JD(U) state council meeting where the sitting state unit chief Bashistha Narayan Singh`s election for a second term was ratified.
"My adversaries lack truth and moral strength to pursue their goals ... They have neither truth nor moral fabric to take them forward," Kumar said in a scathing attack on RJD and other opposition parties.
RJD, Kumar said, had the opportunity to undertake development projects and fulfil the aspirations of the people during its 15-year-long rule in the state but it did not do anything positive. "But whatever else it did is known to everybody."
RJD has no option now but to regret its mistakes as Bihar has been striding rapidly on a new track of development, he said adding his adversaries cannot derail the development wagon and hitch a ride on it mid-way.
Kumar also charged his rivals with adopting negative and disruptive tactics during his `Adhikar yatra` on the special status issue and running a misinformation campaign against his government.
"But these canards came to naught as large number of people attended the `Adhikar rally` in Patna on November four last to present a united face on the special status issue," he claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!