Nitish conferred Jehangir gold medal by XLRI
Jamshedpur: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar has been conferred the prestigious Sir Jehangir Ghandy
Medal for Industrial and Social Peace 2011 by XLRI-Jamshedpur
(Xavier Labour Relations Institute) "for his role in effecting
Bihar`s turnaround within a short span."
The medal, presented on the occasion of the 55th
annual convocation of the leading business school last
evening, was received by IAS officer S. Siddharth, on behalf
of Kumar, as the chief minister had to attend the ongoing
session of the state assembly.
In his acceptance speech read out by Siddharth, Kumar
emphasised the vital role of the people of Bihar in the
state’s overall development.
Kumar also brought forth the concept of `development
with justice` and elaborated on the same.
The decision to confer the medal was taken by the
XLRI’s Board of Governors to recognize Kumar’s inclusive
vision as the architect of Bihar’s turnaround story, the
institute said in its note.
The Chairman, Board of Governors, XLRI and Vice
Chairman, Tata Steel, B Muthuraman dwelt was present.
Altogether 240 students from the Jamshedpur campus and
60 students from Dubai and Singapore campuses were awarded
medals for their outstanding performance in post-graduatation
in business management, personnel management and industrial
XLRI also felicitated its alumnus Jaspal Bindra, Group
Executive Director & CEO, Standard Chartered Bank, Asia, by
presenting him the `Distinguished Alumnus Award (Industry)`
for the year 2010.
Sir Jehangir, who was awarded the `Padma Bhushan` on
the Republic Day in 1958, was one of those who built up
Jamshedpur. He became deeply involved in institutions like the
XLRI and the institute awards a gold medal in his honour every
year for outstanding contributions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day