Nitish confident of special status to Bihar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Monday voiced confidence that the inter-ministerial group
would take decision in favour of according special status to
the state of Bihar.
The inter-ministerial group held discussions with a
delegation of officials from Bihar led by Chief Secretary
Navin Kumar for over 90 minutes in New Delhi earlier during
"Both facts and logic are heavily in favour of the
state`s demand for a special status to Bihar and I have
confidance that Bihar would definitely be accorded a special
state status by the centre," Kumar said.
He described today`s meeting with the members of
inter-ministerial group in New Delhi as satisfactory.
On remarks allegedly made by Team Anna against JD(U)
National President Sharad Yadav, he said in a parliamentary
system and democratic set up everybody had the right of
running a campaign or saying something.
"But at the same time people should refrain from use of
indecent remarks against leaders and crossing the limits of
decency should be avoided."
To a question of possibility of mid-term poll in the
country, the Chief Minister said it would `largely depend` on
the parties within UPA and those supporting it.
On the reports of alleged attempts to bribe Army
Chief V K Singh, the chief minister said, "Everyday there are
reports of one issue after another at the Centre.
"This is a phase of instability at the centre and the
matter regarding army chief required to be thoroughly probed,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record