Nitish criticises BJP for raking up Ram temple issue
Jamui: Bihar Chief Minister and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar today reprimanded his erstwhile ally BJP for raking up Ram temple issue for getting votes in the Lok Sabha election.
However, the BJP would not dare to announce the date for construction of the temple, Nitish pointed out.
"BJP talks about building the Ram temple (at Ayodhya) to seek votes in elections over the years, but never declares date for construction of the structure," he told an election meeting in Jamui district.
Attacking the BJP for seeking to gain political capital out of an emotive issue like the Ram Temple at Ayodhya and reiterating its commitment to construct the temple there, he wondered if that were the case, then why does it not announce the date for construction of the temple.
Kumar also lambasted the RJD-Congress combine for corruption and criminalisation of politics.
Congress was guilty of selling land, sky and mines instead of framing policies for betterment of the people and the country, Nitish said.
Likewise, RJD was exhorting its party workers to oil lathis instead of educating children, he quipped and reminded the opposition party about changed times in which education became a priority instead of oiling of lathis.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Pakistan jumps into Kohinoor controversy, says diamond was gifted to England
- Despite complete ban, four die after consuming spurious liquor in Bihar
- JNU teachers claim 'sex racket, use of drugs, alcohol rampant inside campus'
- These 5 apps are quietly eating up your data plan! Know which ones
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Check out interesting details about mehendi ceremony