Nitish defers meeting with NDA workers
Patna: In a significant development in the wake of strained ties between NDA allies JD(U) and BJP, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday deferred his monthly meeting with workers of the two ruling partners.
Kumar`s monthly meeting with the NDA workers slated to held at his official residence has been deferred, official sources said.
Chief Minister`s office refused to give reasons for the postponement of the monthly, an event that takes place on the fourth Monday every month where he receives feedback from JD(U) and BJP workers and hears their grievances.
The state unit JD(U) president Vashistha Narayan Singh, however, denied that there was any political reason behind the deferrment and said it was due to renovation at Kumar`s official residence.
The workers of the two parties had been intimated in advance about the deferrment, he said.
When contacted, state BJP president C P Thakur sought to concur with the stand of his JD(U) counterpart and said that his party was informed about seven-eight days ago about the deferrment of the Chief Minister`s meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh