Nitish defers meeting with NDA workers
Patna: In a significant development in the wake of strained ties between NDA allies JD(U) and BJP, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday deferred his monthly meeting with workers of the two ruling partners.
Kumar`s monthly meeting with the NDA workers slated to held at his official residence has been deferred, official sources said.
Chief Minister`s office refused to give reasons for the postponement of the monthly, an event that takes place on the fourth Monday every month where he receives feedback from JD(U) and BJP workers and hears their grievances.
The state unit JD(U) president Vashistha Narayan Singh, however, denied that there was any political reason behind the deferrment and said it was due to renovation at Kumar`s official residence.
The workers of the two parties had been intimated in advance about the deferrment, he said.
When contacted, state BJP president C P Thakur sought to concur with the stand of his JD(U) counterpart and said that his party was informed about seven-eight days ago about the deferrment of the Chief Minister`s meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog