Nitish demands independent commission for BPL list
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday demanded an independent commission for preparing BPL list and said it would end the tussle between the central and state governments on the list of beneficiaries.
"I once again demand that an independent institution be set up on the pattern of Election Commission of India for preparing the BPL lists," Kumar told reporters.
The Bihar government had to make changes in its BPL list thrice as several families were deprived of the benefits, he said.
If an independent commission prepares the BPL list it would ensure better work and actual beneficiaries would be satisfied.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kicking the butt can cut daily drinking too
- Olympics: IOC report 45 new doping failures from 2008 Beijing and 2012 London Games
- Female smokers at higher risk of brain bleed
- Have you met 'Ishika' from John Abraham-Varun Dhawan's 'Dishhom'?- See pic
- Chinese military unveils new weapons after South China Sea verdict