Nitish demands independent commission for BPL list
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday demanded an independent commission for preparing BPL list and said it would end the tussle between the central and state governments on the list of beneficiaries.
"I once again demand that an independent institution be set up on the pattern of Election Commission of India for preparing the BPL lists," Kumar told reporters.
The Bihar government had to make changes in its BPL list thrice as several families were deprived of the benefits, he said.
If an independent commission prepares the BPL list it would ensure better work and actual beneficiaries would be satisfied.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw