Nitish demands independent commission for BPL list
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday demanded an independent commission for preparing BPL list and said it would end the tussle between the central and state governments on the list of beneficiaries.
"I once again demand that an independent institution be set up on the pattern of Election Commission of India for preparing the BPL lists," Kumar told reporters.
The Bihar government had to make changes in its BPL list thrice as several families were deprived of the benefits, he said.
If an independent commission prepares the BPL list it would ensure better work and actual beneficiaries would be satisfied.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media