Nitish demands independent commission for BPL list
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday demanded an independent commission for preparing BPL list and said it would end the tussle between the central and state governments on the list of beneficiaries.
"I once again demand that an independent institution be set up on the pattern of Election Commission of India for preparing the BPL lists," Kumar told reporters.
The Bihar government had to make changes in its BPL list thrice as several families were deprived of the benefits, he said.
If an independent commission prepares the BPL list it would ensure better work and actual beneficiaries would be satisfied.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House