Nitish demands privilege notice against BJP MLA
Patna: Taking exception to BJP MLA Ramadhar Singh`s remarks that those occupying constitutional posts were patronising the Maoists, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today drew Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary`s attention towards the comments and demanded that a privilege notice be issued.
"The member (Ramadhar Singh) should be served a privilege notice for his baseless remarks," Kumar urged the Speaker at the fag end of the day`s business in the Assembly.
Chaudhary said he would look into the matter.
State Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav too protested the BJP MLA`s remarks and demanded his comments be expunged from the proceedings of the House.
Earlier, participating in the debate on the issues of terrorism, communalism and naxalism in Bihar, Singh had slammed the state government for its "soft" attitude towards the Maoists and alleged the ultras perpetrating violence in Bihar were being patronised by those holding constitutional posts.
Amid strong protests by JD(U) MLAs, the BJP member from Aurangabad Assembly constituency pointed towards the treasury benches and said those people holding constitutional posts and patronising the Maoists were sitting in the House.
Singh was the cooperative minister in the Nitish Kumar government till six months back when the Chief Minister parted ways with the BJP.
It may be mentioned that Bihar has witnessed a spurt in Maoist violence in recent months in which more than a dozen people, including security forces, were killed in Jamui, Munger, Aurangabad and Gaya districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly