Nitish demands privilege notice against BJP MLA
Patna: Taking exception to BJP MLA Ramadhar Singh`s remarks that those occupying constitutional posts were patronising the Maoists, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today drew Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary`s attention towards the comments and demanded that a privilege notice be issued.
"The member (Ramadhar Singh) should be served a privilege notice for his baseless remarks," Kumar urged the Speaker at the fag end of the day`s business in the Assembly.
Chaudhary said he would look into the matter.
State Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav too protested the BJP MLA`s remarks and demanded his comments be expunged from the proceedings of the House.
Earlier, participating in the debate on the issues of terrorism, communalism and naxalism in Bihar, Singh had slammed the state government for its "soft" attitude towards the Maoists and alleged the ultras perpetrating violence in Bihar were being patronised by those holding constitutional posts.
Amid strong protests by JD(U) MLAs, the BJP member from Aurangabad Assembly constituency pointed towards the treasury benches and said those people holding constitutional posts and patronising the Maoists were sitting in the House.
Singh was the cooperative minister in the Nitish Kumar government till six months back when the Chief Minister parted ways with the BJP.
It may be mentioned that Bihar has witnessed a spurt in Maoist violence in recent months in which more than a dozen people, including security forces, were killed in Jamui, Munger, Aurangabad and Gaya districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM