Nitish demands special category status for Bihar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday make a fresh demand that the Centre should give "special category" status to the state to help attract more private investment.
"I will rake up the issue of special state category status for Bihar with the Centre," Kumar told reporters here.
The `special category` status would help attract private investment and reduce the burden on the state where the government is the predominant engine for development.
"More and more investment is necessary for carrying forward the development of the state," he said.
Kumar said he would also seek an additional grant of Rs 4,000 crore per annum for the state during the regional conference of the Planning Commission to be held in the city on Monday.
The Chief Minister said he will also seek a special port for Bihar and would also press for giving 50 percent share of the electricity being produced by the NTPC plants in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan