Nitish demands special category status for Bihar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday make a fresh demand that the Centre should give "special category" status to the state to help attract more private investment.
"I will rake up the issue of special state category status for Bihar with the Centre," Kumar told reporters here.
The `special category` status would help attract private investment and reduce the burden on the state where the government is the predominant engine for development.
"More and more investment is necessary for carrying forward the development of the state," he said.
Kumar said he would also seek an additional grant of Rs 4,000 crore per annum for the state during the regional conference of the Planning Commission to be held in the city on Monday.
The Chief Minister said he will also seek a special port for Bihar and would also press for giving 50 percent share of the electricity being produced by the NTPC plants in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire