Nitish demands special category status for Bihar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday make a fresh demand that the Centre should give "special category" status to the state to help attract more private investment.
"I will rake up the issue of special state category status for Bihar with the Centre," Kumar told reporters here.
The `special category` status would help attract private investment and reduce the burden on the state where the government is the predominant engine for development.
"More and more investment is necessary for carrying forward the development of the state," he said.
Kumar said he would also seek an additional grant of Rs 4,000 crore per annum for the state during the regional conference of the Planning Commission to be held in the city on Monday.
The Chief Minister said he will also seek a special port for Bihar and would also press for giving 50 percent share of the electricity being produced by the NTPC plants in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!