Nitish favours quota for SC/STs in promotion
Patna: With Parliament set to take up Amendment Bill to restore quota in promotion for SC/STs, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he favoured the legislation.
"I and my party JD(U) is in favour of the Bill for restoration of quota in promotion for SC/STs," Kumar told reporters emerging from his favourite "Janata Ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri" programme here.
He said Bihar has already made such provision.
"The condition of SC/STs has still not improved to keep them away from reservation," Kumar, who is senior JD(U) leader, said giving justification for his argument in favour of the Constitution Amendment Bill to restore quota in promotions for SC/STs.
Kumar said that despite numerous welfare measures and reservation in jobs, the condition of the weaker sections has not improved very much as compared to other sections.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video