Nitish favours quota for SC/STs in promotion
Patna: With Parliament set to take up Amendment Bill to restore quota in promotion for SC/STs, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he favoured the legislation.
"I and my party JD(U) is in favour of the Bill for restoration of quota in promotion for SC/STs," Kumar told reporters emerging from his favourite "Janata Ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri" programme here.
He said Bihar has already made such provision.
"The condition of SC/STs has still not improved to keep them away from reservation," Kumar, who is senior JD(U) leader, said giving justification for his argument in favour of the Constitution Amendment Bill to restore quota in promotions for SC/STs.
Kumar said that despite numerous welfare measures and reservation in jobs, the condition of the weaker sections has not improved very much as compared to other sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened