Nitish favours quota for SC/STs in promotion
Patna: With Parliament set to take up Amendment Bill to restore quota in promotion for SC/STs, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he favoured the legislation.
"I and my party JD(U) is in favour of the Bill for restoration of quota in promotion for SC/STs," Kumar told reporters emerging from his favourite "Janata Ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri" programme here.
He said Bihar has already made such provision.
"The condition of SC/STs has still not improved to keep them away from reservation," Kumar, who is senior JD(U) leader, said giving justification for his argument in favour of the Constitution Amendment Bill to restore quota in promotions for SC/STs.
Kumar said that despite numerous welfare measures and reservation in jobs, the condition of the weaker sections has not improved very much as compared to other sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly