Nitish favours quota for SC/STs in promotion
Patna: With Parliament set to take up Amendment Bill to restore quota in promotion for SC/STs, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he favoured the legislation.
"I and my party JD(U) is in favour of the Bill for restoration of quota in promotion for SC/STs," Kumar told reporters emerging from his favourite "Janata Ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri" programme here.
He said Bihar has already made such provision.
"The condition of SC/STs has still not improved to keep them away from reservation," Kumar, who is senior JD(U) leader, said giving justification for his argument in favour of the Constitution Amendment Bill to restore quota in promotions for SC/STs.
Kumar said that despite numerous welfare measures and reservation in jobs, the condition of the weaker sections has not improved very much as compared to other sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie