Nitish favours quota for SC/STs in promotion
Patna: With Parliament set to take up Amendment Bill to restore quota in promotion for SC/STs, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he favoured the legislation.
"I and my party JD(U) is in favour of the Bill for restoration of quota in promotion for SC/STs," Kumar told reporters emerging from his favourite "Janata Ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri" programme here.
He said Bihar has already made such provision.
"The condition of SC/STs has still not improved to keep them away from reservation," Kumar, who is senior JD(U) leader, said giving justification for his argument in favour of the Constitution Amendment Bill to restore quota in promotions for SC/STs.
Kumar said that despite numerous welfare measures and reservation in jobs, the condition of the weaker sections has not improved very much as compared to other sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he's `scared` of retirement
- BJP appoints Laxman Gilua as new Jharkhand party chief
- No more secret! Newspaper says it uncovered KFC`s secret recipe
- Delhi: Driver held for creating girls' fake social media profiles
- Eng vs Pak, 1st ODI: Azhar Ali leads from front as England restrict Pakistan for 260/6