Nitish feigns ignorance about developments in RJD
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday feigned ignorance over the developments in RJD, from which 13 MLAs resigned though six of them subsequently denied having done so.
"I have been busy attending a function of Arya Bhat Law University and later a meeting of the Cabinet. I have come to know about the events from you and will collect information about it," Kumar told reporters here.
Sources in the CMO said that Kumar would leave for Delhi tomorrow.
Earlier, in the day 13 of the 22 RJD MLAs wrote a letter to Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary informing him that they were quitting their party.
Following this the Assembly issued a notification providing an interim arrangement for them as a separate group.
Prominent rebel leaders Samrat Chaudhary and Javed Iqbal Ansari criticised Lalu Prasad for playing into the hands of the Congress and praised Nitish Kumar for severing ties with BJP over Narendra Modi`s elevation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress