Nitish feigns ignorance about developments in RJD
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday feigned ignorance over the developments in RJD, from which 13 MLAs resigned though six of them subsequently denied having done so.
"I have been busy attending a function of Arya Bhat Law University and later a meeting of the Cabinet. I have come to know about the events from you and will collect information about it," Kumar told reporters here.
Sources in the CMO said that Kumar would leave for Delhi tomorrow.
Earlier, in the day 13 of the 22 RJD MLAs wrote a letter to Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary informing him that they were quitting their party.
Following this the Assembly issued a notification providing an interim arrangement for them as a separate group.
Prominent rebel leaders Samrat Chaudhary and Javed Iqbal Ansari criticised Lalu Prasad for playing into the hands of the Congress and praised Nitish Kumar for severing ties with BJP over Narendra Modi`s elevation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das