Nitish feigns ignorance about developments in RJD
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday feigned ignorance over the developments in RJD, from which 13 MLAs resigned though six of them subsequently denied having done so.
"I have been busy attending a function of Arya Bhat Law University and later a meeting of the Cabinet. I have come to know about the events from you and will collect information about it," Kumar told reporters here.
Sources in the CMO said that Kumar would leave for Delhi tomorrow.
Earlier, in the day 13 of the 22 RJD MLAs wrote a letter to Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary informing him that they were quitting their party.
Following this the Assembly issued a notification providing an interim arrangement for them as a separate group.
Prominent rebel leaders Samrat Chaudhary and Javed Iqbal Ansari criticised Lalu Prasad for playing into the hands of the Congress and praised Nitish Kumar for severing ties with BJP over Narendra Modi`s elevation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city